Thursday 16 June 2011

You Know

You know
they say, I should have known better
they say, I have to face that stormy weather

On my own,
left alone

I guess, it’s time to grow
with heart
still destined to grow apart.

I walked for so many miles.
Lady Pathway never told me lies
“Your journey should never come to an end
a refusal as usual might offend
always remember who you are
raised by a mother, who is by far
the most important person in your life
taught by a father, who would never deprive
from his and your mother’s wisdom.
Parents, kings and queens of this united kingdom.
You know
I guess, it’s time to grow."

You don’t rise by size
or telling lies, become more wise
eventually…
walking down that valley
of poetry, raising your intellectual’s high brow
you told me to take a bow
when she came my way
you would say
“Every man who has a lady to his side
deem yourself lucky, she has a lot of pride.
Women! What a blessing to this world!
Men, count your blessings and keep your word!
You know
I guess, it’s time to grow"

Yesterday, was another day
today, is tomorrow’s yesterday
tomorrow, might be different from today
waiting for that day, when you cross my way
“Time a veil of mystery, mystery unveiled by time
different phase in life brings along a different prime.
Childhood, wish I could share with you my memory
on the Basketball court, unlikely to find an enemy.
Manhood, tried to share with me their felony
on the court of law, you place your future in jeopardy!
If it’s for my own remedy
I take your bullets of wisdom in a row.
You know
I guess, it’s time to grow”

As a child, I dreamed of being like that man
follow in his footsteps was not my plan
as I worried I could never fill them in
a man trying to avoid every sin
“Gossip spreads hate
Hate seals the gate
of carefreeness!
Pain is not getting less
if you set it free
I keep it between you and me.
You might agree…
You know
I guess, it’s time to grow"

Step by step, you are getting there
your destination, the fascination being everywhere
I guess, it’s time to grow

Listen to the wind of change
every year, let it turn the future page

The weather is breezy
just take it easy
You know.

No comments:

Post a Comment