Thursday 30 June 2011

Struggle

Every day I see people struggle
Or is it just me who ends up in trouble
Single mothers feel the burden
Every day they shove that heavy curtain

Every day I say to myself
‘Today is the day you finish by twelve’
But life lies beyond wishful thinking
Every day creates a scenario within

Every day I see those empty eyes
Meeting them and their thoughts by surprise
Makes me wonder about me and my trivial worries
Every day those footprints tell me their stories

Every day I read the news
Can’t see the truth as they fuse
Agony with entertainment
Every day wakes up with another disappointment

Every day I struggle to pray
Every day I struggle to keep my way
Every day I struggle to ease the pain
Every day I struggle to stay off memory lane

Every day I see my picture in the mirror
Thinking ‘you should give another matter prior
Consideration before you eat’
Every day millions go hungry and feel our heat

Every day I try to see beyond my own nose
All I see is the mist of confusion and striking blows
We fund war against humanity
Every day we rape another human’s dignity

Every day I look into my cup and wonder
If it’s half full or empty, further I start to ponder
Whether it’s justified to have my doubts
Every day the sky is festooned with dark clouds

Every day I go for a walk
I wish you’d cross my way for a talk
‘You should start to give your life a meaning’
Every day I see the streets – I see us dreaming

Every day I see people struggle
Or is it just me who ends up in trouble
Single mothers feel the burden
Every day they shove that heavy curtain

No comments:

Post a Comment