Wednesday 15 June 2011

Childhood Dreams

Where are my sweet childhood dreams?
Reached adulthood, they burst at the seams.

I remember living in a complete dream.
flying cars, engine run by steam.
It was all a dream.
Still, in my eyes – passion and gleam
of anticipation and light,
I was chasing that dream with all my might.
"The child is the father of the man,
so I tried to raise the father to the best I can."

Since my childhood, I never liked to take a rest.
Hope springs eternal in the human breast.
Life in the fast lane
is your way to ease the pain.
A trip down memory lane
the other way to go insane.
"Both ways, we simply can’t explain,
the hatred of brothers, you named it Cain."

Where are my sweet childhood dreams?
Reached adulthood, they burst at the seams.

Dreamer. We are hoping against hope.
Dreams cling together; you are given the rope.
Waiting until you reach your second childhood.
Dreams beyond hope, hoping to leave your neighbourhood.
"I have dreams beyond dreams which might shatter,
by a bad dream called life, which does not matter."
I see you smile, there is no point of laughter.
Believer, you were promised the hereafter.

Where are my sweet childhood dreams? 
Reached adulthood, it is not what it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment