Thursday 16 June 2011

Classy!

Scene 1:

Oh, well – where do you want me to start?
It feels like we are ten thousand miles apart
You say, I am the one to blame
You say, your broken heart won’t be the same
You say, I need to move on as I broke the rules of the game

Classy.
That’s what you want to be.
Trashy.
That’s what you are calling me.

Scene 2:

My whole life, I didn’t look down on you
That is not what a friend is supposed to do
Respect is the least what we can expect
For some friends, friendship is one big act
Did you hear me say ’don’t take my kindness for weakness.’?
Someone once told me:” Be kind to the weak in character – nevertheless
Be careful and watch every step they take
You don’t need an enemy, but a friend to break.”

Classy.
That’s what you want to be.
Trashy.
That’s what you are calling me.

Scene 3:

A flamboyant style of clothing – you call it a swag
I know your inspiration, while they call you a drag
Pardon me, I don’t mean you any harm
A wicked tongue which doesn’t turn on the charm
He is sitting there smoking his cigar
‘Money cures the cancer’ – that’s how far
We got in this conversation
I need to work out my own salvation

Classy.
That’s what you want to be.
Trashy.
That’s what you are calling me.

Scene 4:

High heels, mini skirt
Sun shades, blue jeans – lonely on this earth
Sophistication doesn’t mean to sell out
Men and women are more and more in doubt
Looks deceive
Love is what we hope to receive
But dealt with a lifelong thief
Media telling lies
Following our eyes

Classy.
That’s what you want to be.
Trashy.
That’s what you are calling me.

Scene 5:

Destiny the mother of the caste
Poverty the father for the vast majority – memories last
Born in the ghetto
Society fears our shadow
For a lifetime
Can’t tell you how to shine
There is no explanation
For how we got into this situation
I guess everything happens for a reason
Patience is the cure – even if it sounds decent

We get there
Even if things don’t seem fair

Say what you want to say
What you say won’t make me lose my way
An armed soldier pointed with his pen in the right direction
Classy or trashy – your eyes tell me I have a place in your affections

No comments:

Post a Comment